Maps and Directions
The LGBT Resource Center is located on the UC San Diego main campus in La Jolla. Our building is located in between Mandeville Center and the Original Student Center, and we are on the top floor. Here is a link to a PDF of the campus map with the location called out.
We have a large common area and library, a community kitchen, conference room, our Heritage room for small groups and individual study, a gender neutral restroom, and offices for the staff. The large common area and library contains informational materials on LGBT issues, flyers of upcoming events, and desktop computers for your use as well as comfortable seating. Our library houses a variety of books, DVD's and videos on topics related to sexual orientation and gender identity. It also contains magazines and the Campus LGBT Historical Collection. For room reservations, please check out our room reservation policies and procedures.
The LGBT Resource Center is open from 8:00am to 7:00pm Monday through Thursday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. Friday. If you want to connect with a specific staff member please feel free to phone ahead to confirm their office hours (858) 822-3493.
The LGBT Resource Center is completely accessible to people with disabilities. There are multiple handicap parking spaces near the Center in parking area P113. If you have any questions or concerns regarding accessibility issues within the Center please contact karla m. zabaleta-hinojosa at email@example.com or (858) 822-3493.
- Take Interstate 5 either north or south to the La Jolla Village Drive Exit.
- Take the La Jolla Village Drive Exit and turn west on La Jolla Village Drive (left if you are northbound, right if you are southbound).
- Go through the stoplight at Villa La Jolla Drive (north). Bear right onto Gilman Drive (east). As you enter campus, you will see the Visitor Information Center on your right.
- If you are visiting for the full day, you may purchase a parking pass there and park in any part of campus.
- Please note - there is no drive up parking to the LGBT Resource Center. It is a short distance from two parking lots which offer hourly and full-day parking options. See below.
- Continue on Gilman Drive past the Visitor Information Center, and through the stop sign. Go underneath the wooden pedestrian bridge. At the next stop sign, turn left. Bear immediately right into Parking Area P113. Handicap and pay by space parking is available here, $1/hour. From P113, head into the heart of the original Student Center. Past the General Store and Food Co-op is a large elevator directly in front of you. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor, and turn right. The LGBT Resource Center is directly in front of you!
Get directions for P113
- Continue on Gilman Drive and turn left onto Scholars Drive South. Go up the hill, past the Che Cafe and the Theatre District. Before Revelle College, the road makes a hard right. Continue on past Revelle College and Muir college. The Road makes another hard right and becomes Muir Lane. Continue on Muir Lane, and make a left at the stop sign. The road continues and makes a hard left. Continue past the next stop sign and make a left into Parking Lot P208. Park, then head toward south exit and cross the street. Turn right and follow the sidewalk until you get to the stop sign then turn right. Follow the path (Ridge Walk), past Sungod lawn, and past Mandeville on your left. The LGBT Resource Center will be located in the next building on your left. Take the stairs or elevator to the top floor and it will be located on the east most side of the walk way.
Get directions for P208
- Check this map out to help guide you from lots P113 and P208 to the LGBT Resource Center.
Several public bus routes go through UCSD, including the 30, 41, 101, 150, 201/202 SuperLoop (Gilman Bridge Stop), 204 SuperLoop, and 921, which have bus stops on Gilman Drive or elsewhere on campus. The LGBT Resource Center faces Gilman Drive and is a short distance from many of these bus stops. The nearest bus stop to the LGBT Resource Center is located around that Gilman bridge which is frequented by the 150, and the 201.
For information on bus routes from your area to connect to these routes, please visit the web site of the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System.