UC San Diego LGBT Resource Center Internship Program
The overall goal of the UC San Diego LGBT Resource Center Internship program is to develop LGBT interns in their leadership practice in order to enhance and increase the broader LGBTQIA+ movement and contribute to a more just, equitable society for the future.
LGBT Resource Center Interns will develop skills and competency in the following areas:
- Making referrals to campus and community resources
- Group Facilitation
- Event planning and management
- Self-reflection and identity development
- Office Administration
- Program Development and Evaluation
- Ability to understand the connections between theory and praxis
- Community building
- Social Justice
During the course of the internship, students receive:
- Mentoring and supervision from professional staff
- Leadership Development opportunities
- Social Justice Education
Apply to be an intern for the 2016-2017 school year
To apply complete online application by Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 4pm.
Requirements for Internship
- Must be a full-time UCSD undergraduate student for the entire academic year with registration fees paid in full
- Must be able to work 10 hours per week
- Total employment hours at UCSD must not exceed 19.5 hours per week
- Must be able to work afternoon/evening shifts between 4:00pm – 9:00pm
- Must complete a Queer Student Action Project (QSAP)
- Must be enrolled in the Academic Internship Program (AIP) in the fall
- Must be enrolled in the Critical Gender Studies Practicum (CGS 198) for Spring 2016 quarter MW 3-4:30pm.
- Must be available Monday, Wednesday, Friday 3-4:30 of 2016-2017 academic year.
$12.50 Per Hour (maximum of 10 hours a week)
- Art and Activism Intern
- Audre Lorde Intern for Liberation and Healing
- Bayard Rustin Intern for Education and Activism
- Community Engagement Intern
- Library Intern
- Rainbow Newsletter & Marketing Intern
- Social Justice Education Intern
- Sylvia Rivera Intern for Politics and Human Rights
Attend a LGBT RC Intern Hiring Information Session:
Week 10 | Thurs 12/3 |1-2pm | LGBT RC Conference Room
Week 1 | Thurs 1/7 |4-5pm | LGBT RC Conference Room
Need more info or have questions? Please email Maribel at firstname.lastname@example.org.